How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly very easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.