How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.