How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous in regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.