How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.