How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.