How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not ideal.