How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function appropriately if you missed this crucial step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not ideal.